YNPN believes in doing our part to develop the nonprofit talent necessary for building a just and equitable world. So we’ve developed the YNPN Launchpad Fellows program as a way for talented folks who are interested in building their skills and experience in a very specific area to lend their time and talents to a fast-growing, dynamic organization.
What does the Fellowship Look like?
- 10 1/2 month fellowship - October 3, 2016 through August 15, 2017
- 10 hours per week
- Monthly professional development and networking opportunities
- Twice monthly one-on-one check-ins with your YNPN staff manager
- Monthly Launchpad Team meeting
- In-person Launchpad Team retreat
- Participation in the 2017 YNPN National Conference and Leaders Institute (Summer 2017)
What are the benefits of being a Launchpad Fellow?
- The opportunity to gain deep experience in an area where you may have tons of passion and even skill, just not a lot of formal experience
- An official title to mark your experience that could launch you down a new career path
- Unique opportunity to co-create a role and develop mission critical new systems within a rapidly growing organization
- At least one in-person retreat with your fellow Fellows and our dynamic board and staff plus covered participation in our annual conference (Summer 2017)
- Access to YNPN trainings, resources, and contacts
- Expert management and supervision that includes regular reviews and recommendations post-Launchpad
- A cash stipend of $2,500
What are we looking for in a Launchpad Fellow?
- A commitment to social justice and an understanding of the importance of equipping a deep, diverse bench of nonprofit workers with the skills and networks they’ll need to make an impact
- Ability to balance idea generation with execution
- Demonstrated interest in the areas noted in the job descriptions (gained via formal or informal experience)
- Enthusiasm for working with a nimble, startup-esque organization that has a developing infrastructure
- Willingness to not just “do” but also help us to develop systems and make our work sustainable after your fellowship
Can I live anywhere in the US and still be a Launchpad Fellow?
- Yes! Our staff is based in NYC but we know there’s great talent everywhere. YNPN National has been operating virtually since it’s founding in 2004 so we’ve developed a knack for building strong relationships and getting things done long-distance. So candidates from all over the country are encouraged to apply!
We encourage all those interested to apply, including candidates reflecting the following attributes:
- current or former YNPN chapter leaders and member
- people of color
- young professionals between the ages of 22 and 28*
- those living in the Midwest, Pacific Northwest or South (including Florida)
- smart people with non-linear/non-traditional experience and educational backgrounds
* Just to be clear, there’s no age limit for applicants. We simply want to encourage younger professionals and members of the other groups listed to feel welcome to apply.
*** See the Work at YNPN page for our fellowship openings.***