One of the ways that we fulfill our mission is to gather the collective, nuanced perspectives of those emerging leaders, our YNPN members, and ensure those perspectives are a part of national social sector conversations.
Good in Theory, Problems in Practice (2011)
A research report testing the several leading theories on leadership development in the nonprofit sector
Stepping Up or Stepping Out (2007)
A study on whether emerging leaders in the sector were remaining in the sector, and what support they needed to take the next step in their careers
Data and insight contributed to sector-wide research and publications
By partnering with leading sector publications and universities, we integrate the voice of our members in ongoing conversations about sector development and leadership.
- YNPN and Nonprofit Quarterly Collaboration. We compared survey responses from YNPN members and NPQ's larger readerships about issues facing the nonprofit sector.
- Our work with ProInspire on Social Impact Fellowships.
- Our article in Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training on our first targeted online giving campaign.
- You Mean I Get Paid to Work Here? The Impact of Happenstance, Socialization, Volunteering and Service-Learning on Nonprofit Career Awareness, a report by Dr. Erin Nemenoff, University of Memphis
- George Washington University’s Jasmine McGinnis study on the influence of competitive compensation [coming soon!]
YNPN National’s staff and Board are focused on reaching out to chapters and individuals across the country to hear your ongoing perspective on the evolving discussions in the sector. We’re always eager to hear from you directly, so please don't hesitate to reach out via our contact form.