Write for Nonprofit Quarterly
Do you want to write for one of the largest independent news organizations for the civil sector? If you’d like to write a feature article, or you have one written that you’d like us to consider for publication, please...
Do you want to write for Nonprofit Quarterly?
We want to hear from YOU!
At Nonprofit Quarterly, we believe that the social sector—made up of social activists, movements, nonprofits, and philanthropy—has an enormous effect on this country’s future.
We believe that part of taking leadership in this sector is actively applying a critical lens to its assumptions and actions. That is what we do at NPQ, in part through publishing daily articles that track trends in the practices and operating environments of nonprofits and philanthropy. Our stories are written by practitioners who lead double lives as NPQ lay journalists.
Pushing the bounds of thinking and bringing new ideas to the sector requires new leadership, so we are constantly on the lookout for smart, thoughtful nonprofit leaders to help us ask the important questions.
If this sounds appealing to you, please consider applying to become an NPQ newswire writer TODAY.
- A grounded knowledge base that comes in part from your work in this sector
- An interest in critical analysis of the sector and its work
- Willingness to write at least one 700-word article each week
NPQ’s volunteer writers form a supportive community designed to share knowledge and best practices, participate in conversations about evolving policy and management issues, and direct the practice of the nonprofit sector in ways that encourage an active and equitable civic society.
- The opportunity to influence nonprofit practice and be part of movements for change
- Chances to participate in sector-driving conversations about what’s happening and how it affects civic society
- A network of individuals who are similarly motivated to serve the social sector through active participation
- Publication in one of the sector’s leading journals, with a supportive editorial staff
If you are interested in examining current events through the lens of nonprofit practice; if you want to broaden your knowledge of civic society; if you want to be in touch with experts on issues ranging from movements for racial and economic justice to strategic planning and evolving nonprofit business models, then this is the community for you.
If you’re interested to learn more about NPQ’s writer program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume and answers to the following questions:
1) What is your familiarity with NPQ? How long have you been reading us? What do you think makes NPQ unique?
2) What are some fields you would feel interested in writing about?
We look forward to meeting you!
For more info and where to apply, please click the link here.